We are looking for a Senior Occupational Health Advisor to work at our client site at Heathrow Airport. This is a full time role where the successful candidate will work Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours per day between 8.00am and 5.30pm.
This role will suit a committed and enthusiastic individual with proven experience of building client relationships and delivering excellent customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified individual to further expand their skills and expertise in a supportive team environment; playing a crucial role in providing a compassionate and professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our client receives.
The main duties for this role include:
· Assessing new clients presenting to Occupational Health whether in person or by written referral and initiate management of case
· Assessing client’s fitness to work for the appropriate job role and issue appropriate fitness certificates.
· Supporting the OH Manager to advise, monitor and assess the clinical practice of the OH team.
· Responding to client/manager’s requests for support/information on the working environment.
· Maintaining appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping.
· Providing health surveillance in accordance with current legislation.
· Empowering Occupational Health Nurses and Advisors to undertake a wide range of clinical activities by ensuring appropriate training and updating and monitoring of relevant training programmes.
· Taking a senior role in the development and provision of a high profile and pro-active Occupational Health Service.
· Undertaking defined projects as agreed with the OH Manager to support the delivery of high quality clinically effective care
· Assisting in the design and implementation of Health Promotion initiatives in partnership with the wider OH team
· Developing and maintaining face to face relationships with all key influencers and decision makers to maximise business opportunities and aid retention
· Responsible for equipment and its maintenance, helping to co-ordinate resources and staff cover, both clinical and administratively in partnership with the OH Manager
· Registered General Nurse
· Posses an OH Qualification
· Solid case management experience
· Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
· Work confidently independently and also within a team framework
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Confident IT skills
· Able to demonstrate evidence of up to date clinical knowledge
· Self-motivated with a proactive approach to work
· Experience delivering health surveillance activities and undertaking medicals
· Presenting and delivering health promotion
· Delivering training
· Registration with NMC Part 3