We are currently recruiting for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to be based at Washington, Tyne and Wear. This is a part time role, where the successful applicant will be required to work 3 days (24.5 hours) per week between 7.45am-4.30pm between Monday-Thursday.
The successful individual will be OH qualified and on part 3 of the register.
The successful individual will work autonomously onsite to deliver the client service, helping to bring success to this contract and the Company.
The role will involve Health Surveillance, Case Management, Face Fit Testing, DSE Assessments and Health and Wellbeing promotion activities.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
· To provide expert, evidence-based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice.
· Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence based written reports
· Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
· To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
· To provide (where competent) other OH services where required such as vaccinations, travel health services, ergonomic advice, or health promotion for our clients
· To provide clinical supervision and support other team members where relevant (such as OH Technicians)
To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
· Registration with NMC Part 1
· Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Degree/Diploma
· Meticulous written skills and attention to detail
· Excellent communicator with a range of stakeholders
· Excellent time management skills
· Understanding of own competence, how this relates to practice and where to escalate/seek support to ensure safe practice
· IT literacy and competence
· Comprehensive understanding of the principles and practice of data protection and confidentiality in OH
· Excellent knowledge of occupational health and employment legislation
· Case Management and provision of OH advice
· General medicals and health surveillance
· Flexible and hard working
· Visible commitment to excellence in practice
· Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Negotiation and motivational skills, ability to accept and deliver constructive feedback
· Ability to present
· Teaching and training ability
· Advanced IT skills
· Knowledge of OH service delivery in a wide range of settings
· Administration of vaccinations and travel health services
Advanced ergonomic advice