Medical officer Instructor - RAF
8 Month assignment
Roles and responsibilities:
• Reporting directly to OC AMTW. Primary task will be aircrew aviation medicine training.
• You are responsible to OC AMTW, through the Chief Instructor, for contributing to the smooth running and professional output of AMTW.
• Classroom instructional duties.
• Provide practical training in Aviation Medicine to include (once deemed able) hypobaric ..
• Comply with all AMTW and MoD training policies.
• Provide periodic presentations to the Military Aviation Authority.
• Provide instruction for the complete initial course of training for night vision goggle (NVG) users.
• Once deemed able provide instruction for the complete initial course of training for night vision goggle (NVG) users.
• Research and author ad hoc presentations and articles for external agencies addressing aviation medicine, flight safety, and human factors topics as required.
• No Line Management responsibilities
• The only clinical aspect of the role would be responding appropriately to a medical emergency, hence the desire for all staff to have ILDS training (see below).
Security Clearance: Security Check
Professional Competencies Required: GMC Registration
Essential: Military Aviation Medical Examiner (or civilian equivalent)
Experience of working in the Aviation Industry/Environment
Desirable: Diploma in Aviation Medicine
Experience of flying as aircrew
ILS/ALS training. If does not have this then will be encouraged to gain ILS qualification.
Competencies acquired in post: Defence Intranet/IT system training
For an informal conversation please call Tony Davis