Purpose of the job
support the Service Manager in the day to day operation of the service,
deputising as directed in their absence and to be responsible for the direct
supervision & line-management of nurses, support staff and any other staff
as required by the service. Responsible and accountable for monitoring,
maintaining and providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical &
personal support and service delivery, while promoting independence and choice
to the customers.
To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
• To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be
• A level of professional development & registration as indicated by
purchaser, regulator or LCD (this may include level 5 leadership in health and
social care qualification), dependant on location.
• Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the
level of an experienced nurse (level 6), being able to demonstrate effective
nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures.
• Understanding of the NMC code of conduct and relevant practice standards and
• To have experience of providing direct personal and social care.
• To have experience of communicating with professionals and other agencies.
• To have a thorough understanding of assessing clinical and personal support
needs and how to write and review comprehensive personalised support plans to
include risk assessment.
• To have a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
• To have experience of managing a team of nursing and support staff.
• To have experience of working with customers who have physical and/or
• Knowledge of health & safety.
• To be able to work flexibly in accordance with rostered hours.
• To participate in the on-call rota as required.
• To have experience of managing a budget.
• To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire Disability’s ethos and
Key competencies & Skills
Demonstrate an empathetic and caring approach ensuring that dignity and respect
• Demonstrate awareness of evidence based practice.
• Demonstrate sound observational skills to identify potential or actual
changes in health status of the individual.
• To have knowledge of customer self-advocacy and empowerment.
• To be able to train, coach, motivate and develop staff.
• To have good interpersonal skills, able to communicate with people at all
• To have good verbal & written communication skills in English and a good
level of numeracy so as to be able to maintain accurate records.
• To have knowledge of health and safety procedures.
• To have well developed IT skills in standard Microsoft packages.
• Able to work under own initiative within role boundaries and as an effective
team member being able to prioritise own work load and that of others,
delegating work and prioritising activities as required.
• Able to work unsupervised, and to use initiative.
• Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality.
• To have an understanding of data protection and information governance.
If the above is of interest to you please contact
Danielle on 01234889973 or email email@example.com